Thursday, May 14, 2009

4 seconds

Yesterday I was talking to a friend and he asked me " so do you need to take constant breaks when you are working? to regain those creative juices.."
I was shocked /amazed by such a question and all I could do was laugh. "(Booming gaffa) do you think that I'm actually being creative when I draw or paint? no no no! the creative process lasts about 4 seconds.'' He didn't understand this.

It takes about 4 seconds for a good art idea to solidify. Once you've thought of it, it's almost like you've already created the piece. It's just a matter of time till it get's produced.
Then all making art is, is labor intensive drudgery standing on a concrete floor for hours on end doing whatever task you set forth. Just like any other job, except without definite monetary incentive.

No comments: